Tuesday 26 September 2017

Autumnal Moths


Meadow Pipit - one of c100+ in the top fields late yesterday evening. Also yesterday, in the last hour of daylight, a Spotted Flycatcher and a small number of Chiffchaff. Tonight just a single Wheatear and a Goldcrest, with reduced numbers of Meadow Pipit.


Wheatear


Delicate - this and the Scarce Bordered Straw (below) were trapped by Martin last night. All I could manage, immigrant-wise, was a single Silver Y. A big thank you to Martin for bringing these to Exmouth!


Scarce Bordered Straw


Lunar Underwing


Feathered Ranunculus


Ruby Tiger


Sallow


Black Rustic


Light Emerald


Flounced Rustic


Hummingbird Hawkmoth caterpillars - Exmouth seafront. I noticed a tweet from John Walters, on the 'Migrant Lepidoptera' twitter feed yesterday. A couple years ago I found a single caterpillar in what I guessed was the same spot. A quick check of the Lady's Bedstraw patch revealed 5 caterpillars this evening. I'm certain I could have found a load more. Great to see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment