Wednesday 9 August 2017

More WWBT


Lee very kindly sent me this photo of the juvenile White-winged Black Tern which touched down briefly on Finger Point this morning. Thank you Lee. I'd love to get views like this of it in Exmouth but I don't think that's likely!
 
An early morning search for the White-winged Black Tern was cold, wet, windy and thoroughly unpleasant. It was also unsuccessful, although a smart juvenile Arctic Tern off the Imperial was some compensation. I eventually located the WWBT from the back garden as it fed off Starcross, just before 9am- the ninth species of tern for the house list.
Lee had really good views of it at the Warren a little while later and kindly forwarded me a couple photos (see above).
This evening the WWBT was feeding between Cockwood and Starcross, as viewed from Shelly Beach. It eventually pitched down on Cockle Sands. It was still there when I left at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment