Sunday 13 August 2017

Exmouth Beach


 White-winged Black Tern on Pole Sands.
 
A few bits and pieces on/off Exmouth seafront early this morning. The juvenile White-winged Black Tern was fishing just off the beach first thing and resting on Pole Sands at 0605. Also c50+ Sandwich Tern, 10+ Common Tern, 1 Redshank, 3 juvenile Mediterranean Gull, 3 Common Scoter, 3 Black-tailed Godwit, 2 Sanderling, 1 Little Egret and my first Tree Pipit of the autumn over, heading north.
Nick and I had a stroll around Orcombe but only recorded 1+ Willow Warbler, 1 Tree Pipit and 2+ Whitethroat. There were 4 Wheatear up there when I revisited late afternoon.
At Mudbank I recorded my first Kingfisher of the autumn, along with 1 Little Tern, 1 Swift and the White-winged Black Tern that was resting on Cockle Sands at 0945, before slowly heading upriver with a large Black-headed Gull flock and a small number of Common Terns.

No comments:

Post a Comment