Monday 3 April 2017

Cirl


Cirl Bunting - crap record shot of a singing male.
 
Cirl Buntings are by no means annual in Exmouth (though there is a site not far from the parish boundary) so I was chuffed to get a male this morning. It was singing near the top of the track that leads down to the Bristol Schools camp, shortly after dawn. It headed off east after a few minutes but I'm not sure how far it went. Otherwise I recorded just 2 Willow Warblers, c10 Chiffchaffs, 1 Blackcap, 7 Great Crested Grebes, 2 Turnstone and 4 Sandwich Terns.
A quick look off Mudbank produced 2 Sandwich Terns, 2 Sand Martins, 2 Brent Geese and my first Whimbrel of the year with 140 Curlew.
The Yellow-browed Warbler was still feeding quietly in the trees outside number 35 when I checked at 11am.


One of a pair of Mistle Thrushes that look like they're attempting to breed on Orcombe. It'll be a first for me if they do. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment