Saturday 13 August 2016

Selasella?


I think this is Agriphila selasella but I've struggled with this and A. tristella (shown below) in the past. The features that I think make this A. selasella include the white streak with a thin black line along the lower side, that doesn't narrow at one third and the square-ended termen (wing tip). Additionally the streak ends in just two fairly obscure branches.



Cochylis atricapitana


Iron Prominent


Feathered Ranunculus


Micro sp


Acleris laterana?


Dark-barred Twin-spot Carpet

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,
    Definitely selasella in my view as Sterling and Parsons state quite clearly that the white stripe in the wing of tristella 'cream coloured, never white'. this one looks white to me.
    For your other micro, try Monopis laevigella (Skin Moth) or possibly M. weaverella.

    ReplyDelete