Friday 24 June 2016

Arctic Skuas


Micro sp - Gore Lane - markings-wise this could be Notocelia incarnatana but there's no pink flush so I'm not sure. Ideas welcome.
 
I had a quick look off Maer Rocks after work this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised at the number of birds around - 26+ Sandwich Terns, 1 Common Tern, 3 Mediterranean Gulls, c15+ Manx Shearwaters and, best of all, 2 dark phase Arctic Skuas doing what Arctic Skuas do - chasing terns. These are the first Arctic Skuas I've had in Exmouth this year. I had a mooch along Gore Lane afterwards and discovered good numbers of Wood Carpet along with 3 Painted Ladies and a few other common species. It was also good to see a Kestrel - the first one I've seen on Orcombe this year and hopefully a sign that breeding has taken place nearby.


Wood Carpet - several of these seen this afternoon along with smaller numbers of Common Carpet, Ruddy Carpet and Yellow Shell.


Common Marble - Celypha lacunana

No comments:

Post a Comment