Sunday 13 December 2015

December Moth and Sibe Chiff


December Moth

Thanks to Nick I finally clapped eyes on my first December Moth this morning. Nick trapped this egg-laying female last night and kindly kept hold of it for me to see. Not surprisingly for this time of year Nick's trap was otherwise empty.
I checked Mudbank late morning but could do no better than a single Slavonian Grebe, 3 Goldeneye, c50+ Redshank, 1 Greenshank and c200+ Dunlin.
On Friday evening the Black Brant was again off there with c100+ Dark-bellied Brent Geese and an adult Kittiwake.
This afternoon I stopped off at Matford Marshes for a quick look and was pleased to find a very pallid-looking but non-calling Siberian Chiffchaff. It was in the large nettle bed just below where you park the car, along with at least two Chiffchaff. The only birds of note on the marshes were a pair of Gadwall and a Little Grebe.

 
Siberian Chiffchaff

No comments:

Post a Comment