Monday 6 April 2015

Willow Warblers

 

Willow Warbler - Dung Field

I've ventured outdoors rather gingerly the last couple days and despite the low numbers of birds it feels so good to be out. This morning I did Orcombe and was pleased to se my first willow warblers of the spring. At least 5 birds in the small area that I covered. Other migrants were limited to a couple wheatears, 5+ chiffchaff, 7+ meadow pipit, 4 alba wagtail and 14+ linnet.
Yesterday I had the Osprey flying north upriver, from the house, @0803 (thanks to a text and a call from Mike and Lee respectively) and had it or another heading north-east up the Clyst Valley @1308, whilst having lunch outdoors with my in-laws.  Ten minutes later it was drifting high north over Exeter. I also had my first swallow from the house yesterday.


Willow Warbler - one of two males singing in the Dung Field sallows.
 

Geoneedle and Moon.
 
 
Wheatear - 1 of just 2 seen this morning.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment